It is best to pack as light as possible. How many times have you heard that? Some of us are more gifted at packing light than others! In Tuscany the temperature can change dramatically throughout the day. Layered clothing is the most comfortable way to dress. Many of our guests have found that bringing a small amount of liquid detergent and laundering their clothing in their rooms have worked well for them. Remember to leave room in your suitcases for trinkets and gifts that you purchase during your trip!
The following is a list of suggestions and reminders for our guests during a workshop in Tuscany or a tour of Tuscany:
- Bring electrical adaptors for 220 volt outlets.
- Remember to bring a hat to wear while outdoors.
- Sunscreen is recommended.
- Comfortable walking shoes are a must.
- A collapsible umbrella may come in handy.
- Remember to bring your personal medications. Pharmacies in Italy may not have medicines prescribed in the U.S. If you are bringing medications we suggest that you get the "generic" name for the medication from your pharmacist in case you must make a pharmaceutical purchase any in Italy.
- A light jacket or sweater is best for cool nights, even if your workshop or tour is not in the winter months. Tuscany can be chilly at night and in the early mornings, no matter the time of year.
- You may want to bring personal toiletries, although shampoo and soap are provided by Peteglia.
- A flashlight may come in handy, and many prefer a miner's headband.